Big big thank you to Julia from Chatoyant Makeup for nominating me for the Liebster Award :) So sweet! I didn’t really get how worked the first time around when Alison and Laura from the blog Deux Chicago nominated me (check it out here) and I just answered the questions without realizing I had to nominate other blogs. Sorry girls, I hope I get it right this time ;)
1. Each person tagged must post 11 things about themselves.
2. They must also answer the 11 questions the ‘tagger’ has set for them.
3. They must create 11 more questions to ask bloggers they have decided to tag.
4. They must then choose 11 bloggers with less than 200 followers and tag them in their post.
5. These lucky bloggers must then be told.
6. There are no tag backs.
So 11 things about me…
1. I love Ben & Jerry’s ice cream and miss it soooo much ’cause they don’t sell it here in South Africa.
2. I am terrified of seagulls.
3. At one point in my life I watched Rocky so many times that I knew all lines and started watching it on rewind to spice things up, instead of actually watching another movie. When I say rewind I am actually talking about old school VHS where you could rewind the tape at normal speed.
4. Once I kicked my dad in the head doing a Karate Kid move. He told me he was proud.
5. For some reason I keep having nightmares where I am about to get killed but I first have save puppies. Not sure what that means…
6. Whenever I go shopping I tell myself that I need to buy something that isn’t black but 90% of the time end up finding something black anyway. I really need more color in my wardrobe, but black always looks good.
7. I used to have a very yummy but unhealthy relationship with KitKat where I could eat like 5 chunky ones a day.
8. I really wish I could master the smokey eye, but whenever I try it just looks weird and like I’m wearing too much make up. I think my eyes are too droopy for it to work.
9. I am a clumsy person who walks into things and fall and hurt myself all the time. There is always a bruise somewhere on my body.
10. My most played games on my iPhone are ‘Oven Break’ and ‘Robot Unicorn Attack’. I am a nerd.
11. I tan very easily but I also lose my tan very quickly if I don’t keep on tanning, it sucks ’cause in winter if I don’t spend time in a solarium my skin looks almost transparent. I don’t really do fake tans because they always end up looking patchy and uneven after a couple of days.
Questions from Chatoyant Makeup
1. What’s your favourite book?
Not sure what the book is called in english but a direct translation would be ‘A German mans Story’. Just because of his (or the translator’s..) way of writing and playing with the words. The story is really sad.
2. Is there any beauty product (like coloured eyeshadow, red lipstick) that you’re afraid of?
I stay away from lipstick in general ’cause my lips are always so dry that it ends up looking flaky and weird on me. I love a nice lipgloss or just plain vaseline instead.
3. What is your favourite movie of all-time?
Never Ending Story, Rocky, Dirty Dancing. That’s 3, the list could go on and on but I have to have them as my 1 favorite :P
4. What’s your biggest pet peeve?
People who clear their throats in a disgusting way, making me wanna vomit having to listen to it. People texting ‘u’ instead of ‘you’ – it’s already a short word! Oh and people playing with styrofoam – just looking at it makes me all goose-bumpy. I’ll take a black board over styrofoam any day.
5. Favourite YouTuber or blogger? (beauty or other)
So many lovely blogs and bloggers out there that it’s to hard to actually pick a favorite.
6. Big city lady or a small town gal?
I’ve moved around so much that I don’t even know but I do feel way more like myself in a bigger city.
7. A place you would love to travel to and why?
Mexico! For all the mexican food, the coronas, margueritas, the sun and beaches. And to be able to say ‘Si Señor’ and not sound weird. And the sombrero wearing mustache guys. Yes that is what I’m expecting haha.
8. Did you start your blog for fun or as a way to make a career in the beauty industry?
I started my blog for fun and I’m so happy that people like it and are following. It’s just a way of sharing what’s going on in my life and in my head, things I do and things I like.
9. What is your dream job?
I’m not sure I have a dream job… Actually I am sure, I don’t have a dream job but I’m sure that when I find it I will know what it is. Haha.
10. Is there a fashion or beauty trend you can’t stand?
Those horrible platform shoes – like the ones Robyn is always seen wearing. I have no idea how they made a comeback but I know that I will never wear a pair. You know the ones, right? The Spice Girls looking Buffalo type ones.
11. If you could only pick one to wear for the rest of your life… mascara or foundation?
What a horrible choice to have to make! I would go with mascara. Normally only wear tinted moisturizer anyway so screw the foundation haha :)
And here are my 11 questions for You!
1. What is the most rewarding experience you have had and what made it so?
2. Who is your favourite super hero?
3. What really gives you the creeps?
4. What song always makes you happy when you hear it?
5. What did you wanna be when you were younger?
6. What celebrity do you think you look like?
7. What is your fav piece of clothing?
8. Do you have a favorite designer, and if so then who?
9. If you had to host a party for 5 ghosts of your choice, who would you invite?
10. Are you a dog or cat person?
11. Are you a morning person or a night person?
Craving for Barneys
Posh to Ganache
OXYGEN YOUR STYLE
Heels my passion